General Herkimer seeks to create a challenging learning environment that encourages high expectations for success through the development of appropriate CCLS aligned instruction that allows for individual differences and learning styles.
Our school promotes a safe, orderly, caring, and supportive environment where each student's self-esteem is nurtured by positive relationships with students and staff.
We strive to have our parents, teachers and community members actively involved in our students’ learning and our school's success.
During the 2019-2020 school year, students will…
• Become lifelong learners
• Ensure personal best character at home and in school
• Approach learning opportunities with positive attitudes
• Remain respectful and responsible citizens
• Partner with all stakeholders to encourage success
• Ambitiously pursue academic growth
• Work towards proficiency in all academic areas
The Utica City School District's Food Service Department has been working hard to promote innovative programs under its new director with the mission of supporting nutrition, wellness and healthy eating habits for all of its students. Read the full story here!