Grants, Contracts & Compliance
Federal and State Legislation has greatly impacted the District and the Department of Grants, Contracts & Compliance. The Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) as well as other mandates/regulations have influenced the following:
- The testing of at least 95% of all students—Regular Education, Special Education and English Language Learners (no exemptions).
- Requirements identifying areas of certification and licensing status for all District teachers.
- Requirements for all District paraprofessionals.
- Federal and State classification of Schools In Need of Improvement.
- Parental rights defining the homeless student and displaced families.
It is the responsibility of the Department of Grants, Contracts & Compliance to assure that all State and Federal requirements/mandates are implemented. The Department oversees the District Comprehensive Improvement Plan and School Comprehensive Educational Plans.
The Department initiates funding for and manages approximately twenty-five (25) successful programs that supplement the general education curriculum in the District.These programs total more than $20 million in supplemental funding. The programs include the following:
- Title 1 – Academic Intervention Programs (AIS) for the at-risk student population
- Title II A – School Improvement and Staff Development
- Title III – ELL
- Title III – Immigrant
- Title IV - Student Support and Academic Enrichment
Other Grant Funding Programs include but are not limited to: Universal Pre-Kindergarten Grant, Teacher Center Grant, Teachers of Tomorrow Grant, Refugee School Impact Grant, School Improvement Grants, Learning Technology Grant, McKinney-Vento Grant, VTEA-Perkins Grant, Bilingual Education Grant, IDEA Section 611 & 619 Grants, My Brother’s Keeper Challenge Grant, Grants stemming from the impace of COVID-19, NYS Seal of Biliteracy, and Impact Aid.
Director of Grants, Contracts and Compliance
(315) 792-2209 [fax]
Secretary to the Director
(Mohawk Regional Informaton Center)