We, at Jefferson, are committed to meeting and exceeding state and national academic standards. Additionally, we will encourage our students to strive to become kind, caring, compassionate, and productive members of society.
Responsible Citizens-Lifelong Learners
Welcome to Thomas Jefferson Elementary School! We are pleased you and your child are part of the Jefferson School family and look forward to working with you. Faculty and staff have prepared for an exciting year. School begins promptly at 9:05 am and students are dismissed at 3:05 pm.
We believe a good parent-teacher relationship is necessary for maximum school success. Throughout the year we will communicate with you through notes, newsletters, progress reports, telephone calls, e-mails, and learning conferences. We encourage you to contact us if you have questions. Please call the school at 792-2163, send a note, or email/visit us at uticaschools.org.
We look forward to a great year working with you and your child.
Tips for Parents: Your Role in School Success
- Help your student by developing a routine or specific time for homework and/or reading where you are available to help or listen if needed. You are vital to their success.
- Ensure your child is at school, on time, every day possible. Arrange for vacations, trips, etc. during days off school.
- Make sure your student is getting adequate sleep at night to support their growing body and mind.
- Be a positive role model in your child’s eyes who shows interest in reading and learning new things.
- Notify the teacher of any concerns or questions you have regarding their learning. - www.thelearningcommunity.com